Saturday, March 28, 2009

Got my urinalysis results

Hmm...looks like my pee was fine. No bacteria, no blood, no increase in white blood cells. The sample was, however, quite dilute, which is something we've been told many times before.

So, we still don't know exactly what's wrong with me, but there is definitely something going on. I am clearly straining to pee multiple times when I go out, and I'm needing to go out more frequently. This evening, I even peed on the floor right in front of my mom! I don't usually have the balls to do that!

I went back in to the vet this afternoon, and they did a cysto to take a clean sample, and sent it off for a culture. (Mommy got to watch it for the first time, and help hold me on my back while they poked me.) It is possible that bacteria will be picked up on the culture, even though the urinalysis did not show it. It's happened before with me.

This is a weird thing to say, but I really hope that I actually do have an infection. I'd rather that than something else. The culture takes a little while to do it's thing, so I won't know for about 3-5 days. If it isn't a UTI, then we'll have to take it from there to figure out what's going on in there.

Ok, I'm done babbling about my pee-pee issues, for now.

Licks,
~Scully~

3 comments:

Hudson&Morgan said...

Hey Scully, do we dare say it, but this be a horrible part of getting older? We love ya gorgeous girl. xo

Larsen and Ninja said...

Ya know, we are now thinking that it could just be an age thing, or maybe some kind of 24-hour virus. (Don't know if doggies can get that type of thing?) Today, I am so much better. I'm acting like there was nothing even wrong with me at all. Perhaps that's because the momslave threatened me with diapers ... ;-)

Hudson&Morgan said...

OMG diapers, no way! Lucky you are feeling better.