Arrroooooo world!
I haven't had a heck of a lot to say lately; I've mostly been chilling out and trying to get better. All that resting is paying off I think, although I am not 100% yet.
I had bloodwork done yesterday. For the most part it does seem to be good news. Things are slowly getting back to where they should be, and there was no evidence of the dead tumor cells that were in my blood from that tumor lysis syndrome. I am not nearly as amenic, although there is still room for improvement. There had been some concern about my liver levels, but they are much better. My ALT is down to a fifth of what it was before. One other liver enzyme (I forgot what..duh) is still a bit elevated, but this is not terribly worrisome considering I am on prednisone.
Apparently some other things they saw in my bloodwork point toward a possibility that I have a stomach ulcer, probably as a result of the tumor lysis syndrome. This could be part of the reason why my appetite, although MUCH better, is not quite where it should be yet. For this, I just need to take some daily Pepcid AC for a while. That is definitely doable.
All in all, I still have a little way to go before attempting that last chemo treatment...if we do. We don't want to put it off too long, but also can't do it until we are all comfortable that I'm strong enough.
My vet is going to do a telephone consult with an oncologist in Seattle to get an opinion on all this stuff that's been going on with me. That should also help us decide what the heck to do. So, for now we wait for that. Did I mention that nobody in this house is very good at waiting?! lol
Big slobbery licks to all,
Scully
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment