Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Still trying to stay positive

Arrrrroooo! Arrrooooo! AAARRRROOOOOO! I am doing a lot of that right now, because I'm still at the vet. Had my third cancer treatment today, and my humans are coming to get me in about an hour. Can't wait to get home!!

Anyhow, it went well today, and as usual, I was a very good girl.

Momma just spoke with the vet, who says that I am not in a full remission, but my lymph nodes are about half the size they were, so I am definitely responding to treatment. Of course we would have loved to hear better news, but at least the drugs are having an effect.

Next week (if my blood counts are good) I am getting a dose of doxorubicin, which is the drug I got during all my treatments when I was initially diagnosed. I am only supposed to have one more dose of it because it can only be given a certain number of times over a doggie's life before there's a chance of adverse effects on the heart. Maybe that drug will be the final kick in the ass the cancer needs. We can only hope.

So, there it is...not amazing news, but not terrible news either.

Now, Mom & Dad....come GET! ME! OUTTA HERE! lol

Luv and Slobbery Licks to all,
Scully

No comments: