Friday, August 28, 2009

My foodslaves are not giving up on me!

After thinking it over incessantly, and weighing the options, my people have decided which course of treatment to try with me in attempt to get me back into remission from this stupid, horrible, lousy stinkin' lymphoma. (Hey, I'm entitled to be a little bitter, right?!)

It looks like I'm going to be having a combination of prednisone, and a different type of chemo from what I had last time. I'll have one treatment every week for a month, then one more after 3 weeks, and possibly one more 3 weeks after that. The odds of this even working are not nearly as high as the first time around (30% chance, as opposed to 75% chance), and if it does put me into remission, we can really only expect it to last an average of 5-6 months. That is not particularly encouraging, but we are trying to be positive.

The humans were a bit hesitant to put me through chemo again, but at this point they feel it is worth a go. I am a strong and happy girl, even though I am 11. I have no other medical conditions other than this lymphoma and a wee bit of arthritis. If we see that this treatment is too much for me to handle or that it just is not working, we will stop it. The one thing that my people really want is for me to have a good quality of life for whatever time I have left with them. We are having a hard time realizing that, unfortunately, my time left is likely very limited.

So, now we make the appointment and hopefully get this treatment going ASAP. Oh, and my humans had better get used to eating Ramen noodles for breakfast lunch and dinner, LOL!! (They call me the million dollar basset hound. But I am worth every penny they have, or at this point don't have, lol.)

Just one more thing before I sign off...I want to thank everyone for the love and support that you have shown to me and my Momma. It truly means the world to us!

Luv and slobbery licks,
Scully

No comments: